Thursday, December 10, 2015

December 10 - Homily for Today

+ Our beautiful readings today for Mass tell of the tender desire of our Father God to grasp our hands and to say to us, “Fear not, I will help you. The afflicted and the needy – I will answer them; I will not forsake them.”

This desire is not only for the ancient people of God’s love, but also for any who wish to count themselves among his family today. He will answer our prayers; he will not forsake us.

God’s mercy always come to us by way of other people.

The greatness of John the Baptist is his total obedience to Christ by which all come to “see, know, observe, and understand the hand of the Lord.

Let us be willing instruments in the hands of God today for kindness, gentleness and mercy. There are so many good people out there who need a little encouragement this day – especially in the darkened and weary world that we find ourselves in – let us not pass us by them without a smile, a word and a gesture of helping and care.

I am your redeemer, says the Lord, the Holy One of Israel.


No comments:

Happy New Year 202

  A Happy New Year to you all! I hope and pray I am able to keep this blog up to date now that we are entering into the New Year! I would li...