Tuesday, December 22, 2015

December 22 - Homily for Today - O Rex Israel

+ We are so very close to Christmas now, and the sense of joyful expectation is found in Mary’s proclamation of the Gospel canticle: Magnificat anima mea Domino! My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord! For he who is so awesome and mighty has found favor with me, and through me will fulfill the promises he made to all previous generations, and even those yet to come:  you shall be free from sin, you shall flee from death, and you shall live forever in a kingdom prepared for you!

O King of all nations and keystone of the Church: come and save the ones you formed from the dust. You save us and you exalt us to the skies – so long as we keep our priorities and perceptions in check, and place you above all things! May we do so lovingly and happily today!

And we shall not be disappointed!


My heart exults in the Lord, my Savior.

No comments:

Happy New Year 202

  A Happy New Year to you all! I hope and pray I am able to keep this blog up to date now that we are entering into the New Year! I would li...