Monday, February 1, 2016

February 1 - Homily for Today

+ We have an interesting gospel passage today. If the man with the unclean spirit is worried about Jesus “tormenting” him, then why does he “from a distance” run to him “at once” and prostrate himself before Christ? Why does he not run in the other direction? Maybe, despite his dread, he nurtures in his heart the hope of King David, “Perhaps the Lord will look upon my affliction and make it up to me.”

We all desire daily that the Lord Jesus “rise up and save us” – for we are so needy and impoverished of something – yet, we are also so very unworthy on our own merits to dare to even ask. But, the amazing thing is that God sees our need even before we do, and Jesus runs to us to bestow his grace – if we but prostrate ourselves in loving homage before him in our hearts.


You, O Lord, are my shield; my glory, you lift up my head. 

No comments:

Happy New Year 202

  A Happy New Year to you all! I hope and pray I am able to keep this blog up to date now that we are entering into the New Year! I would li...