Friday, April 14, 2017

Apr 14 - Good Friday

Let us now listen to the seven last words that Jesus spoke as he hung dying on the cross: for us and our salvation!

It would be good to remember that he said these things to fulfill all the prophecies about himself, and on our behalf: he did not say one word of them for his own benefit:

Let us reflect then for a few moments on each of these words and ask the Holy Spirit to help us apply them both to ourselves as individuals, and as a society and world.

1) Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.

2) Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.

3) Woman, behold your son; behold your mother.

4) My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?

5) I thirst!

6) It is finished.

7) Father, into your hands, I commit my spirit!

How purified and transformed the world would be if someway somehow, everyone everywhere could get this amazing perspective from the vantage point of the foot of the Cross of Christ.

Actually, they can – if we tell them about it and lead them to it and show it to them…        


No comments:

Happy New Year 202

  A Happy New Year to you all! I hope and pray I am able to keep this blog up to date now that we are entering into the New Year! I would li...