Thursday, May 11, 2017

May 11 - 4th Week of Easter - Thursday

+ Jesus continues today his emphasis on his unity with the Father. He is the exact representation of the Father; and he wants to get the message across that when anyone looks at Him, they see the Father! -  because everything is all about the Father, and his glory!

And, this is how close to humanity God the Father wants to be! He is saying look at my Son and see me! Hear my Son and hear me! Love and respect my Son, and love and respect me! And when you see him acting as your servant and brother – washing your feet, and being willing to give his all for you, it is me and my desire to serve you and love you that you see! I who am Lord God Almighty – making myself like one of you, for your own good and for your salvation!

And if this is how I and my Son act and interact with one another – then this is how you ought to act and interact with one another – with great love, compassion, mercy and forgiveness – as we have loved you!

In the first reading today we have Paul preaching to his fellow family of Israel the validity and credibility of the descendancy and life of Jesus – Son of David – who was to be the one true King of Israel forever – the one true Servant King – the one true Loving King! And he is not only their King forever, but ours as well. We belong to a royal family – and that is something to celebrate – and that is something to affect the way we consider and treat one another!

We now sing of the goodness of the Lord – who is faithful to his promises and who establishes his kindness and mercy forever! 


No comments:

Happy New Year 202

  A Happy New Year to you all! I hope and pray I am able to keep this blog up to date now that we are entering into the New Year! I would li...