Friday, May 19, 2017

May 19 - 5th Week of Easter - Friday

+ We are edging closer now to the feast of the Ascension of Jesus into heaven: and before he leaves his apostles he wants to simply clarify his whole mission: before I came among you, you were slaves of the Old Law, you were slaves of God – but I came to transform you into friends – friends of mine, and friends of God. This is an enormous feat that could only have been accomplished by my laying down my life for you. I LOVE YOU THAT MUCH – that I would lay down my life for all of you – and not only of the Jewish family, but the Gentiles as well.

And so: I cannot force you, but I can invite you from the bottom of my Sacred Heart to accept that love and that friendship that I offer freely to you: and you will do that by doing what I command: which is simply to love, disinterestedly, with holy indifference, any and all people I place in your life – and beyond even your own inner circle.

It is really an amazing thing to be considered a friend of God – especially as it is the condition for the possibility of making us true friends of one another – and we all know that we need both these vertical and horizontal relationships.

Jesus has told us all about his Father, which qualifies us for Divine Friendship with him; may we tell as many we can today about both Jesus and his Father – so that the energy of divine friendship will flow through our spiritual veins. It will be a joyful experience!


I will give thanks to you, Lord, among the people; I will chant your praise among the nations.                                                                                                                                                       

No comments:

Happy New Year 202

  A Happy New Year to you all! I hope and pray I am able to keep this blog up to date now that we are entering into the New Year! I would li...