Monday, April 9, 2018

April 9 - 2nd Week of Easter - Monday


­­+ Today we celebrate the Solemnity of the Annunciation of the Lord -  a feast ordinarily preceding Christmas Day by nine months – March 25th which is the day that the Angel of the Lord “declared that God had chosen Mary, a humble maiden of Nazareth,  to be the Mother of his Only Begotten Son” – and she saying: “Let it be done unto me, according to his will!” – and the Word of God – his Son – broke into space and time, broke into the fabric of our universe, broke into the depths of our broken and beaten human condition – after the tragic fall of our First Parents: Adam and Eve – and He became Flesh by the working of the Holy Spirit.

The keeping of time, and the expanses of space have never been the same, and neither have our bodies, our minds, our spirits – as they are now shared with us by God himself – in a mortal / yet immortal body, as we would see demonstrated later on, and which he have just seen demonstrated by the events of Holy Week and Easter!

I love the first reading from the Prophet Isaiah! If you will recall in a future gospel passage, Jesus in a sense yells at people who are looking for a sign! Signs! Signs! Signs for heaven! All you people want is a SIGN! can’t you see that I AM THE SIGN! But today, the Lord himself, in almost a comical, fun, play like kind of way {he is just so excited about what is to happen) says: “Go ahead! Ask for a sign! I’m ready for you! Ask away!” And Ahaz say, “I will not! I will not make my Lord angry! I will not tempt his goodness and his truth!”

So God, says: “Oh, OK, alright then, stop wearying me when I tell you to do something: here, I will give you a sign! THE VIRGIN SHALL BE WITH CHILD – and she will BEAR A SON – and you shall NAME HIM EMMANUEL which mean’s GOD IS WITH US! Do you get it! He will be GOD WITH HIS PEOPLE RIGHT ON THIS EARTH!     

The second reading tells about the conversation that God the Father had with his Word – his Son – from all ages – even if he never came to earth! “You know, Son, sacrifices and oblations – all those things that the people on earth are making – just do not satisfy the offense that at this point is permanent – would you please assume the body – the physical body – that I am preparing for you in the womb of a virgin of Nazareth, in the Middle East – and live a life like theirs, but without sin, to demonstrate to them that it can be done – but also, you will have to die a real human death – because this is the only holocaust, the only offering, the only act of covenant in your own blood – that will satisfy the situation.

“I will weep and wail over your death, my beloved Son, but it has to be this way for them and for their salvation!”

“Of course, I will do it, Father, of course, with all my heart I will do it, all my understanding, all my strength – I will do it for them, for the lost sheep, and for all the sheep on the planet – in fact for the whole universe – and it will be a spectacular result: and you, Father, will DANCE!”

What an amazing feast this is: no! astounding, more than mind boggling!
but it really happened! and it happened for you, and for me! and it happened for all those you will encounter today who will find out just a little bit about it, to meet their needs today, their needs of survival, their needs for HOPE, their needs of a kind word, a helping hand, a silent ear!

The Word of God became flesh and made his dwelling among us, and we saw his GLORY, and now we are filled with his GLORY, and now we SHARE THIS GLORY! Amen.


No comments:

Happy New Year 202

  A Happy New Year to you all! I hope and pray I am able to keep this blog up to date now that we are entering into the New Year! I would li...