Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Sep 26 - Wednesday 25th Week in OT


+ What a marvelous first reading we have today: this gem from the Book of Proverbs sums things up nicely: put falsehood and lying far from me, give me neither poverty nor riches; provide me only with the food I need.



This echoes the beautiful sentiments that Jesus puts forth much later in history in the prayer that he taught us to pray: the quintessential prayer – “Our Father, …. give us this day our daily bread.” We need approach God the Father in a very childlike sort of way: innocent and straightforward, knowing that for our best interests it is not what we think we want that will be good for us, but rather for what our father, our dad, knows we need.



We must come before him with a clear conscience, putting falsehood and lying far behind us, and then desiring neither poverty nor riches, but only the food that I need. This attitude of humble trust moves the Father’s heart deeply and he will give each what is needed – for we all are unique and cherished sons and daughters of his.



In the gospel passage Jesus commissions us to proclaim the Kingdom of God, the Kingdom of Family Life with a Father who will provide everything we need in order to reach him safely where he resides, and to heal the sick – to give hope – to bring the human touch, smile and kind word.



Yes my brothers and sisters, the kingdom of God is at hand, in fact it is already here – right within us at any given moment – may we pause momentarily over and over again and bask in its glory, its strength and its peace! Amen.


No comments:

Happy New Year 202

  A Happy New Year to you all! I hope and pray I am able to keep this blog up to date now that we are entering into the New Year! I would li...