Monday, November 26, 2007

Homily for Monday November 26, 2007

The story of the widow and the two small coins is a story of true faith and works. Her belief in God was so strong that she could trust him absolutely and give to him,, in a work a love, the financial resources she had to live on.

She knew that he would provide for her needs. And he no doubt did!

In this last week of the liturgical year we look at our lives to see motivation - to see what ultimately causes us to do what we do. If the end were to come today - what would we have to show? Prayerfully and hopefully, we are like the woman with the coins. “This is all I am God, this is all I have! I offer it to you to transform! I offer it to you as a sign of my love for you! Do with me as you will!"

This is what we do when we place ourselves on the paten with the bread at Mass. We say: “Here I am, Lord! Take me as I am, and change me into yourself - so that you can make a difference in the world today, through me!”

The first reading today was the beginning of the story of what can happen on a grand scale when we give ourselves to God - especially with a little help from our friends. The four youth were placed in the service of King Nebuchadnezzar in order to bring about a change in his life. Sometimes God uses us, and places us exactly where he wants us, so he can do exactly what he wants with us! The same absolute trust and confidence in God - saw the four men through a very difficult time! As it can do for us - if our faith goes hand in hand with doing the truly loving thing!

Let us give glory and praise to God for ever! He is so deserving and we are so blessed!

No comments:

Happy New Year 202

  A Happy New Year to you all! I hope and pray I am able to keep this blog up to date now that we are entering into the New Year! I would li...