Friday, October 5, 2018

Oct 5 - Friday 26th Week in OT

https://youtu.be/u_oF4i3QD2w

+ The readings today have to do with the omnipotence, the intelligence and glory and adoration and worship that is due GOD THE FATHER – Creator and Sustainer of all that exists including you and I and everyone else on planet earth.

In the first reading from the Book of Job, we see God comparing himself, in an almost nonsensical way, with Job – who dares to speak to God without being asked to. Who are YOU, Job, to presume to know anything at all, or to help me in my plans for the sustenance and final redemption of absolutely everything: Job, did you command the morning to follow night, dawn to succeed the darkness? do you know where the seas, the oceans actually begin, their source, their starting point? can you actually fathom just how expansive the earth, the ground, the dirt is? do you know why I let the wicked exist and even prosper alongside the good and the humble?

After a moment of silence, Job, responds, head bowed, “Behold, I am of little account, what can I answer you? I put my hand over my mouth. Thought I have spoken once, I will not do so again; though twice, I will do so no more!

This was an excellent answer for Job – who was trying to figure out why the devil was having such a time with his mind and his body?? all kinds of catastrophes befell him  -  but in all of it Job did not sin, he did not deny or renounce God who allowed those things to happen – Remember he said: The Lord gives, the Lord takes away, blessed be the name of the Lord.

This is an excellent lesson for all of us: we all need to “shut up and listen” “be quiet and attentive” “be still and come to know God!”
Then we will have direction for our next movements, we will know the course of our day, and we will be pleasing to God in what we think, say and do – all of which is being recorded as they take place, in heaven.

The gospel passage is related in a sense to the first reading: the power and justifiable anger of God is put forth, in the sense that if we know God can do such things, then we had better PAY ATTENTION to him, and LISTEN to him and HEED what he has to say – our eternal placement is at stake – so we had better get it right. Then he says and remember if you reject me, you are rejecting my Father, the Creator, the All Knowing All Powerful All Loving One – but if you simply, humbly and with a pure heart listen and love in return, then you will be exalted to the skies one day!

And, so, if today you hear his voice – harden not your heart. 

No comments:

Happy New Year 202

  A Happy New Year to you all! I hope and pray I am able to keep this blog up to date now that we are entering into the New Year! I would li...