Sunday, December 22, 2019

Dec 22 - Fourth Sunday of Advent


+ It is almost time, it is almost here, the glorious Feast of Christmas this year! We have spent weeks preparing both spiritually and materially! We have prepared special gifts for people we love, or even perhaps people we don’t even know – more, maybe, this year than in others. But the one question remains: what are we going to give Jesus, the center of it all, on his birthday? What could we possibly give to one who is a God – Man – Baby?



I can give you a hint as to what he would really like from us: it cannot be bought, it cannot be wrapped, it cannot be transported from place to place – but it would delight him more than anything in the entire world to receive it from us:

it is a more deeply conscious spiritual understanding of what his whole coming to earth was all about in the first place! If Jesus, where he is now – at the right of the Father - could see into our minds and hearts and find “quantities of the knowledge of the mysteries that he came to share with us” – a deeper grasp of them, a better handle on them – then he would “leap and dance for joy” that “another one FINALLY GOT THE MESSAGE,” finally began to appreciate what his coming to earth was all about, finally began to allow it to make a difference in the way they live their daily lives – in the way they help one another out, from the heart!



A very big birthday present from us, then, would have to be for us to sit in silent and quiet meditation, when he arrives in the mangers of our churches throughout the land on Christmas Eve, and for us to say – especially after receiving him in Holy Communion – I GET IT! I GET IT, JESUS! I BELIEVE IN YOU WHO HAVE COME FROM GOD TO SAVE ME FROM MY SINS AND GIVE ME EVERLASTING LIFE. I TRUST YOU ABSOLUTELY FOR EVERYTHING! AND I LOVE YOU, REALLY LOVE YOU, WHO ARE SO CLOSE TO MY HEART, WITH ALL I’VE GOT!



 And I will prove my love, Jesus, by living a changed life, especially caring for all brothers and sisters of the human family you place in my path who need my help.



There is still time to think and pray and study and gather more information about Jesus the Person – before Tuesday evening – so that we can give him our whole being: mind, heart and soul on that Christmas Eve night – and he can give to us his entire self, for always – just as he delights in doing, always!



The time has come: let Him enter, the Lord; for he is king of glory!

No comments:

Happy New Year 202

  A Happy New Year to you all! I hope and pray I am able to keep this blog up to date now that we are entering into the New Year! I would li...