Friday, April 27, 2018

April 27 - 4th Week of Easter - Friday


+ We have a serious but at the same time joyful message in our readings today at mass. This time in a more gentle kind of way, St. Paul, in the first reading conveys the message that all of the prophecies concerning the Messiah, the Suffering Servant and his death and resurrection, were fulfilled in Jesus, the Nazorean who was killed by us, the children of Israel as it was foretold. The point of emphasis here being, even being killed by his own people was thus prophesied, so there was no need to be defensive about the reality that they were indeed the ones chosen from all time to carry out this execution.

But we also must not divorce the resurrection, the newness of life, the making things better than what they were before the Fall, is also part of the actions of the executioners. God can and does bring good out of everything that seems dark, oppressive and hopeless.

In the gospel passage Jesus congratulates the Israelites for having faith in God (the Father Creator with whom their ancestors dealt in their release from bondage in Israel), so he says please have faith also in me, because the Father and I are one, I am his Son, I am Son of Man, and Son of God! And in fact, it is when I will ascend from your sight, that I will go and prepare a special dwelling (literally a mansion, a house, a condo, an apartment) just for you, for you to call home when you enter the glorious and magnificent kingdom of my Father, to live as a brother / sister of mine and all the saints forever.

Then he tells them that they already know the way to get there – as he was the living example of it for the three years he taught about life in the Kingdom: but Thomas again is confused: how do we know where you are going, how can we know the way: And so Jesus, o so patiently and lovingly relates to Thomas – who represents all of us who need to have things explained very slowly and deliberately to us: Thomas I AM the way, I AM the truth about absolutely everything and every situation, and I AM the very life that has begun in you now, and will reach fulfillment at your own passing into eternity at your death! SO DO NOT LET YOUR HEARTS BE TROUBLED! not even for an instant! YOU ARE SAFE! YOU ARE FINE! YOU ARE MINE!

The Father has invited everyone to family life in his kingdom, but it is also true that you must pass through me to get there – there is no other way – no other way at all – how could there be – you have to pass through my life, my passion, my crucifixion, my resurrection and my ascension to glory in order to enjoy the fruits of what all of that merited for you!  BELIEVE THIS, TURN FULLY TO ME! and stay connected with me until death! Amen.




No comments:

Happy New Year 202

  A Happy New Year to you all! I hope and pray I am able to keep this blog up to date now that we are entering into the New Year! I would li...